Whew, it's been a while!

Here's the final version of the halter dress. I just finished it two days ago. I had to take it in 2 inches (I did it along the center back seam/back zipper) and she wanted it to fall just above the knee so I chopped off quite a bit from the hem.


She doesn't like to wear the dress with the belt (which I made w/ one grey side and one pattern side) but she does like to wear the belt with jeans. I also made Chels a second belt with the grey fabric and long black ribbon that wraps around the waist twice (a great idea by her mom and using her mom's ribbon), but I forgot to take a photo of that too.

Here's a picture of the dress sans belt.


By the way, the painting behind her is one of her dad's works. Pretty freakin' awesome. And that's her adorable dog Kavi in the first photo!

I received a lot of awesome handmade gifts for Christmas, so I'll do a future post to show them off. I also managed to finish making some more embroidered gifts while in Hawai'i; I didn't take photos of everything but I have at least one to share with you.

Comments

  1. The dress looks fab on your friend. Hope you had a good holiday.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks beautiful! I really like the double-sided belt, too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress! And that painting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I hope she gets good use out of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts